We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and works well in a team environment. This is an entry-level role and would suit a recent graduate. The role is based at the Loeries head office in Parktown North while potentially requiring some days to be worked from home.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least two years’ working experience in an office environment, preferably in events production and/or the advertising or brand communications industry
- Is a South African citizen, or has permanent residence
- Has a SA drivers licence and preferably their own vehicle
- Is intelligent, hard-working, and a self-starter
- Is hands-on, with the ability to show initiative
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Is well spoken and able to communicate well in writing
- Has strong Microsoft Office skills, especially with Excel
- Is digital and tech savvy and able to work with online resources, including Dropbox and the Loeries’ own entry management system
- Has experience managing and meeting production deadlines
- Is used to working under pressure during critical production times
Role and responsibilities:
- Secretarial/office management/administrative/supervisory/production duties, including answering telephones, dealing with queries, filing, guest hospitality, organising tea and refreshments, working with office suppliers to ensure office is well maintained and stocked as necessary etc.
- Provide additional administrative support to staff members where appropriate.
- Schedule meetings and, take meeting minutes and draft for manager to sign off.
- Support Loeries creative week event production where necessary
- Assisting with store orders when required.
- Assist the production coordinators with administration, including but not limited to: The Loerie Awards, Creative Circle , Bookmarks and APA Kenya.
- Assist the production coordinators processing entries: follow the processing procedure from receiving entries to resolving queries, rechecks and testing.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of programmes
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, including work well within a team and independently
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Budgeting skills
- IT skills