- Participate in required SHE meetings, interventions and campaigns.
- Conducts accidents and incidents investigations and implement necessary measures to avoid re-occurrence.
- Ensuring compliance to Mine Standards and Procedures.
- Reporting of all incidents and/or near miss incidents to the relevant parties.
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Conduct Safe Behavioural Observations and Planned Task Observation.
- Conducts daily re-entry examinations.
- Marking off of support.
- Identifying of reef band and mark the face as per the geological reports.
- Changing up of the face and safe blasting.
- Planning and co-ordination of Mining activities in line with targets and objectives.
- Communicate the daily mining plans to the crew.
- Allocation of responsibilities to the crew and coordination of the crew.
- Conduct planning for leave cycles.
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent NQF 4 qualifications will be advantageous
- Metalliferous Mining Blasting Certificate
- Minimum of 5 years of mining production experience
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to communicate with people on different levels
- Valid Certificate of physical fitness