Meter Reader – IND00234 – (220000CS)
Position: Meter Reader (12-months Fixed Term Contract)
Department: Information Communications Technology
Division: Information and Communication Technology (All 112 wards in the City of Ekurhuleni)
Salary: R5 500 per month (Stipend)
• Record the gas, water, electric, and other utility volume consumed by the residential and commercial clients.
• Make sure that meters are reset properly before they are used for the first time
• Test meters to ensure that they are working properly and are without defect and damages
• Identify possible reasons for fluctuations and irregular consumption.
• Arrange for appointments with residents in case of any problems with meters installed inside the building
• Report broken meters
• Report any signs of tampering with meters to the relevant department
• Ensure that meter box keys are secured appropriately and report any lost keys immediately
• Report and address meter impediments and damage to the authorities
• Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent (required)
• South African Citizen
The generated database will be valid for a period of 12 months. The appointment of the potential candidates shall take place ‘as and when’ the funds becomes available.
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful.
The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right to appoint, not appoint or to appoint laterally.
Primary Location: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
Work Locations: Corporate
Organization: Economic Development Department (2019) (NS)