To ensure the safe and efficient operation of the machine ensuring a high quality product with low wastage within set parameters.
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 / Matric / NQF level 4 (Essential)
• 3 years experience (Operational Execution) FMCG; Bottling Equipment
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
Responsible for Process control and efficiencies
• Correct operation of equipment as per the training and machine manual.
• Achieve set factory waste and efficiency targets.
• To hand over from or to the previous or next shift regarding the machinery (breakdowns, products run) in conjunction with the supervisor decide on downtime scheduling
• To check the quality of raw materials used in production and also the end product according to the quality control policy. This includes a constant interaction with the Quality controller.
• To clean the machines according to TPM cleaning schedules.
• Responsible for Resource planning and technical skills
• Assist with fault finding by supplying relevant factual information relating to the breakdown scenario.
Adherence to the health, safety, food and environmental standards
• Staff shall adhere to all Food Safety Policies and PRP’s and shall adhere to and enforce all food safety requirements at all times
• Staff shall adhere to Health, Safety & Environmental Policies and PRP’s and shall adhere to and enforce all Health and Safety requirements at all times
• Visitor and Contractor Policy – staff shall ensure that visitors or contractors entering the facility are signed in, escorted and wear PPE, are aware of the hygiene policies and do not smoke, eat or drink inside the facility
• Code of Practice – staff shall maintain high levels of personal hygiene in accordance with the code of conduct
• Handwashing Procedure – Ensuring staff are cleaning and sanitizing hands efficiently before handling the product.
• Physical Contamination Control Policy and Procedure – Staff shall be aware of the potential of physical product contamination. Staff is aware of control measures to prevent physical contamination.
• Safety, Health and Environment Policy – Staff take reasonable measures to ensure health and safety hazards do not occur. Should an accident occur, staff shall be aware of the procedure of reporting the incident.