At the Mount Nelson Hotel, we are passionate about offering our guests gracious hospitality in every aspect of their stay with us. We are equally ardent about service excellence from our front of house as well as our back of house staff. We are fully aware of the importance of the role that each and every staff member plays in ensuring the happiness and wellbeing of our guests, and in creating a truly memorable stay for them.
We like to believe that our staff shares in this passion and as such, we look for people who are eager to learn, grow and develop, and who are committed to the role they play within the team. Teamwork, combined with genuine warmth, care and enthusiasm makes all the difference to our guests' experience. It is these aspects that make them return again and ensure the success of our business.
– Folding, pressing, sorting and maintaining the proper storage of all hotel linen.
– Responsible for the dry cleaning of guest clothing and other tasks related to the department.
– Follow Leading Quality Assurance and departmental standards at all times.
– Sorting of all sheets, robes and duvets etc into separate laundry bins.
– Inspect linen/garments for stains, rips or damage that might have been overlooked by the housekeeper.
– Turn in all lost and found items in accordance with lost and found procedures.
– Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
– Collect, sort and label guest items for appropriate action (washing, dry cleaning, pressing or repair).
– Process the clothing/linen on the correct equipment, using the appropriate temperature and chemicals. Once processed, fold or hang the clothing as desired.
– Process and issue employee uniforms.
– Operates and maintains washer, dryer, dry cleaning machine, presser and iron.
– Report any broken or faulty equipment to the Laundry Manager.
– Assist with quarterly OE stock count as and when required.
– Complete all daily duties as set out in departmental duties and requirements.
– Remove stains from items using the appropriate procedures.
– Maintain an updated inventory of laundry detergents.
– Manage and respond to guest requests in accordance to company standard.
– Ensure soiled and damaged linen is stored and disposed of correctly.
– Maintain linen room to ensure floors and shelves are stocked with the correct amount of each linen item.
– Assist with the general day to day duties to maintain the Laundry department.
Required experience for the role
– Previous experience within a similar role in a 5-star Hotel environment – advantageous
– Excellent time management skills
– Good communication skills
– Ability to accurately follow garment care instructions
– Knowledge of stain treatments
– Good customer service skills
– Computer literacy – advantageous
– Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
– Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
– We will only process Your Personal Information in accordance with the Belmond Global Privacy Notice for Employees and Others available here and for recruitment purposes.
We will keep Your Personal Information until the job position which you applied for is filled, whereafter we will delete Your Personal Information.
Should you not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your application, please do accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Location: Mount Nelson, A Belmond Hotel, Cape Town