- The eResearch Knowledge Centre (eRKC) intends to enhance the HSRC’s research capability through innovative information services, geospatial solutions, and digital curation. It is an informed research enabler that provides innovative knowledge services and access to resources that meet the needs of the HSRC’s research community and its stakeholders.
- The eRKC provides ongoing and pro-active information service to staff of the HSRC. This unit wishes to appoint 5 suitably qualified Temporary Library Assistants. This is a short-term contract for 5 months. The successful candidates will be based between Parktown (Johannesburg) and Pretoria. The Temporary Library Assistants will part of the team that will be responsible for the establishment of the library which involves the physical set-up of the library. They will set-up the in-house physical records library, where each category of records belongs based on their related nature of content and subject coverage.
Duties and Requirements
- To attend to the removal of records from offices to the library.
- Organise records according to categories for seamless indexing.
- Processing of records by adding spine descriptions, security tags, and barcoding.
- Packing records in small boxes according to their categories.
- Shelving boxes of records in sequential order for easy retrieval.
- A minimum of matric with library experience or a qualification in Library and Information Science is required.
- Fully Computer literate.
- Have basic knowledge of library management systems.