Trainee (Business Consultant) at Old Mutual
Appointments will be made in line with the Employment Equity Plan of Old Mutual South Africa.
As part of Broker Distribution’s strategy to meet the needs of our growing client base, as well as address our transformation strategy, we are offering a dynamic developmental opportunity for aspiring business consultants who possess high motivation and energy levels, who also have a flair for sales and service.
The suitable candidate will be placed on an accelerated, robust, exciting, self-motivated developmental program (Learnership) for the duration of 10 months.
This development program will train and develop you to prepare you for the role of Business Consultant. The objective of this program is to ensure that you learn the business in the most appropriate way thus enabling you to move into the role of Business Consultant. The successful candidate will earn a salary while undergoing training and work for commission only when promoted to Business Consultant.
Key result areas and work descriptors
• Sales Support
• Assists the Business Consultant with administration functions in preparations for broker visits
• Receives requests for quotations.
• Prepares quotations that are competitive in order to secure new business
• Relationship Building
• Builds relationships with activate brokers.
• Convinces brokers to sell Old Mutual products and services.
Markets Old Mutual services, online tools and products to brokers, face to face.
Identify sales opportunities to activate a non-supporting broker base.