Vacancies exist for Laundry Assistant based at Life Bay View Hospital, reporting to Housekeeping Supervisor.
The successful candidates will be responsible for upholding the highest standards of cleaning services within the Hospital.
Duties And Responsibilities
– Collection of linen from the units
– Distribution of linen to all units
– Control the linen levels in units according to requirements.
– Control the quality of the linen distributed and received.
– Accuracy in daily counting of linen.
– Stock take of linen to be done as required.
– Neatness and cleanliness of linen store room required.
– Keeping accurate records of totals of linen collected and distributed in units.
– Keeping accurate records of totals of linen send to off-site premises for washing.
– Washing and drying of linen
– Matric certificate required (Grade 12)
– Person must be customer focused.
– Good relationship skills are necessary
– Knowledge of a hospital environment will be an advantage
– Able to work shifts and weekends as required
– Accuracy with figures for stock counts.
– Team work is essential
– Friendly and helpful
Closing Date: 15 January 2022