The Laboratory Assistant will be responsible for performing basic laboratory analyses and sample preparation for the Organic Laboratory within the Chemistry Section.
• Minimum educational qualification: Grade 12 (Matric) with Mathematics and Science.
• Relevant tertiary qualification in Chemistry or related field will be advantageous.
• Previous experience working in a laboratory environment will be advantageous.
• Basic knowledge of laboratory procedures and equipment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform basic laboratory analyses and sample preparation.
• Follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols.
• Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure cleanliness.
• Record and report test results accurately.
• Assist with data analysis and interpretation.
• Collaborate with team members and contribute to a positive working environment.
• Strong work ethic and commitment to quality.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methodologies.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Positive attitude and willingness to contribute to a team.
Closing Date: 2023/09/18