Area: Bedfordview, Gauteng
• Commercial Law Degree (LLB & preferably an admitted attorney).
• Knowledge of construction contracts such as NEC, FIDIC, GCC, EPC, and EPCM contracts will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of South African Tax legislation would be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• High level of personal integrity, self-disciplined, and a highly positive attitude.
• Be able to work with multi-functional departments/offices and people.
• Deadline-driven, attention to detail, and able to perform under great pressure.
• Computer literate and proficient in MS Office and Lotus Notes.
• Assisting the Group Legal & Company Secretary with general corporate matters by reviewing and preparation of documentation in the areas of general corporate and commercial law.
• Processing of general queries in terms of contract, commercial, corporate and statutory law and ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
• Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a range of engineering and construction-related contracts such as NEC, FIDIC, GCC, JBCC, and bespoke EPCM/EPC contracts.
• Pre-contract review of tender vet and contractual terms and conditions.
• Post-contract claim and dispute management arising from time to time during project execution involving, amongst others, extension of time, Force Majeure, and scope variation claims.
• Advising on general commercial and legal matters within the Group Divisions and Business Units.
• Assisting with Company Secretarial affairs such as preparing and drafting of resolutions, meeting agendas, maintaining company registers, filing CIPC annual returns, VAT returns, and taking minutes of meetings, as and when required.
• Maintaining all relevant company documents for tender submission (Tax, CIPC, Identity Documents, etc.).
• Providing assistance to the Group Financial Director / Group Legal & Company Secretary involving SARS submissions, Tax compliance, and annual preparation of transfer pricing documentation, etc.
• Assist the group in sourcing and providing details of tax consequences of working in Africa and other foreign companies.
• The incumbent of the role is responsible for providing the Group Legal & Company Secretary and the Group Financial Director, as and when required, with general assistance and support in relation to all Legal, Company Secretarial, and Tax affairs.