- The UNHCR Regional Bureau for Southern Africa is situated at Waterkloof House, 209 Waterkloof road, Brooklyn, Pretoria. The office is co-located with the UNHCR South Africa Multi Country Office and together the two offices comprise of about 160 users of Information Communication Technology (ICT) services. The ICT Intern will be working with the UNHCR ICT support team in providing support to the staff in the use of ICT tools put at their disposal for the execution of their duties. The support ranges from installation and configuration of ICT equipment to support in the use of UNHCR standard software applications. Effective support requires smooth interaction with the staff of the offices and a high level of self-organization.
- The UNHCR Regional Bureau oversees activities in 8 countries in the region, including South Africa. The intern will support the ICT team in their oversight role over ICT services in the region through the collection and compilation of data on different ongoing ICT related projects and initiatives in the region.
- Matric and at least two years of higher education
- Education & Professional Work Experience
- Post-secondary school/ higher education in the fields of Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or related field.
- Previous work experience in Information Communication Technology support would be desirable
- Knowledge of English is required.
- To be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Recent graduate (those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
- An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother, or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.