The National Metrology Institute of South Africa is a Type 3A Public Entity established in
accordance with the Measurement Unit and Measurement Standards Act, No. 18 of 2006
(the Act). NMISA is mandated by the Act to provide for the use of the International System of
Units (the SI) and other measurement units in South Africa, to maintain National
Measurement Standards (NMS) and to determine and ensure the comparability of the NMS.
As an intern you will work directly with the Marketing and Event Coordinator and
Communications Specialist developing your knowledge of communications and graphic
design as it relates to brand marketing and social media, while gaining exposure to strategic
marketing, brand development, strengthening your creative thinking, design and
– Three-year tertiary qualification in graphic design.
– Post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
– Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Desktop publishing software.
– Graphics or photo editing and imaging software.
– Video creation and editing software and web platform development software will be
– Well-developed design aesthetic, with prior successes in driving the creative
– Previous experience with SharePoint will be an advantage
– Working knowledge of photography will be an advantage
– Ability to work with a wide variety of staff, take constructive criticism, and channel
such feedback towards improved outputs and positive professional growth
– Ability to work with limited supervision, having permanent access to a stable, highspeed Internet connection, as the first few months will be working remotely due to
Basic knowledge of:
– Create exciting and engaging graphics for the NMISA website, social media
channels and internal communication messages.
– Update websites via SharePoint
– Assist with collateral updates and version control
– Media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This
includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
– Working on a variety of social media-based projects that will shape the overall brand
– Aid in the execution of marketing plans
– Computer hardware and software, including applications and programming used to
create computer generated graphics.
– Creation and updates of various sales collateral
– Assist with video production (shooting, editing, etc) when required
– Other projects as assigned
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Liaising with superiors to determine their requirements to complete projects on time.
– Complete design tasks as allocated which may include creating designs, concepts,
– Develop graphics and layout for product illustrations, logos and websites.
– Use computer software to generate new images, videos.
– Development of promotional/product and other marketing related campaigns.
– Development of support material for events, brand activations/engagement and sales
– Understanding of current trends and styles and advising team on best application for
– Promotional elements including promotional leaflets, broadsheets, product catalogues
– Assist in brainstorming concepts for upcoming projects.
– Review final layouts and suggesting improvements if required.
– Source or create high quality graphics needed for NMISA’s homepage and sub-sites
– Ensure that all imagery is properly named and filed correctly for easy access.
Closing date: 21 July 2021
How to apply:
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
By applying for this position at the NMISA, the applicant understands, consents and agrees
that the NMISA may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or
the SAP in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of
cash or finances and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and