Position Name: Implementation and Operational Support Analyst
Division: Momentum Investments
Business Unit: Retail Service And Operations
Reporting To: Service Manager | Implementation and Operational Support
The Operations Support Analyst is responsible for Operational system support of various applications, the processes and integrations surrounding these applications according to the business needs. Perform Incident management and monitoring during business hours and after hours in terms of operation and maintenance of the applications. This includes daily, weekly and monthly operation procedures, monitoring of systems and applications, providing timely responses to queries, resolutions to problems and reporting issues related to all applications responsible for. Creating and maintaining User Access accounts and is involved in IT/BA/Testing Projects.
Qualifications & Experience
• Relevant tertiary qualification (BA/Financial/Admin) is required (e.g. Diploma or Degree).
• 2 years technical investment operations experience.
• Highly analytical.
• Knowledge of unitisation would be an advantage.
• Background in general controls and application controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
• The Main workflow source will be JIRA (others will be email/telephone), however a JIRA must be created at all times).
• The Operational Dashboard must be maintained daily.
• All work on the dashboard must be processed with accuracy and within the agreed service level agreements.
• Logging of time, adding of comments and re-assigning of JIRAs.
• Responsible for first level support of escalated incidents within the business.
• First do investigation to determine if incident can be resolved without referral.
• Resolve incidents accordingly or refer when required.
• Provide feedback on progress of all tasks to applicable stakeholders.
• Report any system/process/human errors to the correct audience.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders in areas of responsibility.
• Ensure agreed upon client expectations for technical solutions and operational support.
• Understand the practice of obtaining the requirements of a system from users, customers and other stakeholders.
• System monitoring.
• Perform health checks on daily processes with regards to scheduled jobs and correspondence queues.
• Perform route cause analysis on incidents experienced.
• Update and maintain the system incident spreadsheet.
• Evening monitoring – minimum 1 week per month.
• Maintenance testing – every alternate month.
Analysis and Documentation for Processes and Systems:
• Understand business / user requirements.
• Compile and maintain process documents.
• Perform needs analysis for system and/or process enhancements.
• Participate in system development, when necessary or applicable.
• Ensure end to end solution testing of new processes and systems.
• Assist with change management relating to new systems or processes or changes to systems or processes.
• Support business and IT in implementing solutions that result in minimal disruptions to operations.
• Ensure that business and system requirements are adequately met and implemented through working closely with users at all levels.
Process, Systems Support and Maintenance:
• Provide ongoing support on applicable systems and processes.
• Manage associated errors, exceptions and new requirements.
• Logging of system errors and the resolution thereof.
• Test and implement new versions of various applications and systems.
• Participate in preventative maintenance.
• Conduct on-going business process analysis, design, documentation, implementation and support.
• Perform monthly and quarterly user access controls.
• Experience in administration, particularly in a unit trust and multi-manager environment.
• Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives/projects simultaneously.
• Ability to achieve excellent results under challenging time constraints.
• Understanding of business, process and technology – and their inter-relationships.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and users.
• The ability to operate in a mixed business and IT environment.
• Initiative and questioning of the status-quo is encouraged.
• An advanced understanding of technical processes and environments.
• Advanced analysis skills and problem solving ability.
• Attention to detail.
• Formal skills in process analysis and documentation (Visio / business process management solutions).
• Knowledge of SQL in context of various relational database management systems would be advantageous.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Take Ownership and Accountability.
We are committed to Employment Equity, diversity and inclusion when recruiting internally and externally. All appointments are made in alignment to our Employment Equity goals and we encourage people with disabilities to apply.