Intercare Medfem Hospital (Pty) Ltd situated in Bryanston, Johannesburg seeks to recruit Admissions Clerk. The purpose of the position is to provide a professional customer services by communicating effectively with the various stakeholders involved in the patient admission process.
An admissions clerk works at the front desk of a hospital and provides a professional and efficient admission, reception and payment service to patients and the public to ensure no delays in following clinical processes. As an admissions clerk you welcome and direct patients and visitors to requested areas and assist with the completion of admission documentation and authorisation, where required. You will answer phone calls, handle queries, and provide information as requested.
• Ensure the efficient functioning of the reception, admission and cashier areas.
• Answer all phone calls and assist as required.
• Welcome and direct patients and visitors to requested areas.
• Assist with the completion of admission documentation
• Capture admission information in time and correct
• Ensure that all patients admitted have the required authorisation and/ or made the required payments prior to admission
• Ensure accuracy in taking and allocating of payments
• Assist at other reception arrears as required.
• Grade 12
• At least 2 years administration experience in a medical facility
• Understanding of medical schemes and admission processes required
• Must be able to use Microsoft Office and have good typing skills.
CLOSING DATE: 31 January 2023
All applications can be submitted on
If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date please regard your application as unsuccessful.