National Renal Care has grown and evolved into the leading total kidney disease management organisation that provides person-centered health and care, which is digitally enabled, and data driven. National Renal Care seeks to recruit an ambitious, talented, goal driven and self-motivated individual to fulfil the role of a Health Care Worker/Stock Controller.
The Health Care Worker will be tasked to assist in attending to and maintaining the basic needs of the patient.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure a safe and optimal dialysis service by prepping and cleaning dialysis machines prior to each patient dialysis session as per policies & procedures and NRC standards. Ensure that the unit generator is in working condition by completing the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance inspections, logging technical issues and refueling the generator with diesel as and when required.
- Ensure that all financial policies and procedures are followed in the unit i.e. stock, waste
- Ensure excellent customer service and patient care by ordering and serving patients their meals in line with dietary requirements and NRC policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe work ethic and a safe dialysis environment by complying with infection control and occupational health and Safety standards on a daily basis.
- Ensure that you are continuously educated regarding the health care worker function in the unit and that your related knowledge is constantly updated.
- Ensuring a safe dialysis session by testing of the machine alarms prior to each dialysis session to ensure that they are operational.
- Demonstrate the National Renal Care Values and Caring the NRC Way.
NATIONAL RENAL CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. National Renal Care actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities. In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual’s ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is for recruitment purposes and possible appointment should you be successful. Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
Please note that confirmation of employment for applicants will be conducted with past employers. Reference check for internal applicants will be conducted with the direct line manager/s. Employees are required to discuss internal job applications with their direct line manager to ensure that the line manager is aware of the application.
If your application is not successful, we retain your CV and other information provided for a period of 6 months after which it will be destroyed in a secure manner. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.
- Grade 12 level of numeracy and literacy
- A Minimum of 1-year experience within a similar role is preferred.
- A minimum of 1-year experience within renal will be advantageous
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong Customer orientation
- Team player
- Very energetic
- Well organised
- Excellence Orientation (Concern for high quality work)
- Ethical Behaviour (Honesty)