SERVEST GROUP – SHARED SERVICES, HAS A VACANCY FOR A GROUP PROCUREMENT MANAGER. THIS POSITION REPORTS GROUP SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR BASED AT THE HEADOFFICE IN WATERFALL. The candidate must have experiance and be open minded to learning new things.
• Degree in a purchasing or the engineering field
• 5 to 10 years’ experience in the procurement and project management environment
• Knowledge of commercial planning and contract costing
• Previous experience working with imports
• This role requires a candidate that is highly adept in working with Excel, PowerPoint and Word with strong report writing skills
Duties & Responsibilities
• Business case development with an understanding of Internal Rate of Return, Net Present Value and Payback periods.
• Pricing analysis and comparison through quotation and proposal evaluation
• Ability to review and compare technical specifications for products
• Proven negotiation skills and experience with supplier management both locally and internationally
• Determination of landed cost for imported goods
• Knowledge of Eastern and European import legislation
• Analyse supplier BBBEE levels by business unit and engage non-conforming suppliers
• Systems orientated with a solid understanding of ERP systems
• Knowledge and understanding of SA’s regulatory framework on electronic and mechanical components viz NRCS/SABs requirements
• Processing and issuing of purchase orders, request for quotations and proposals
• Liaise effectively with suppliers and manufacturers, as well as internal departments
• Co-ordinate short listing of prospective tenderers, prepare and distribute invitations and manage end to end RFP and RFQ process
• To analyse price trends globally
• Establish price benchmarks
• Tender adjudication and board memo development for approval where required.
• Develop spend reports with the various Servest divisions. (High level of report writing and excel knowledge required)
• Ability to identify and capitalize on current trends and apply to product development with suppliers