Duties and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for the layout of registration and demonstration trials.
– General maintenance of the research facility.
– Field preparation, planting, fertilizer application, crop spraying and weeding.
– To ensure that all equipment on the trial farm is in good working order and that the equipment is maintained on a regular basis.
– To carry out regular housekeeping of the trial farm.
– Monitor pests and diseases and any other relevant activities.
– Ensure proper use of PPE when working with chemicals.
– On occasion is required to assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities as requested by the Development Team Leader.
– To undertake any legal ad hoc tasks for which the incumbent is competent as directed by the Development Team Leader or Management.
– Required to conform to relevant SHEQ rules and regulations as per company policy.
– To participate and assist to maintain all SHEQ Management Systems certifications/standards.
– Minimum education Grade 12
– Must possess skill in the use of the tools associated with the trade area as well as in the use of the garden tools and equipment, farm implements.
– Computer literacy with basic computer skills is required.
– Must possess a sound understanding of Health and Safety rules and regulations.
– Must possess at least 6 month’ relevant experience in a similar position.
– Working with people.
– Communication (verbal and written)
– Planning and organising.
– Coping with pressure.
Closing date: 30 July 2021
How to apply:
Please click here to apply