- Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives.
- Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
- We are looking for a General Assistant to help keep our offices clean and in hygiene condition. The incumbent is also expected to provide refreshments to our stakeholders during visits, audits and meetings etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform cleaning services i.e., sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, disinfecting our office, kitchen and reception area.
- Empty dustbins and remove garbage to the area of collection.
- Clean windows as and when required, at a reachable or where safety is observed at all times.
- Report any damage to property immediately as and when noticed or occurred.
- Liaise with Provincial Coordinator to order provisions such as coffee, tea, sugar, milk and cleaning materials etc.
- Conduct stock taking as and when required to ensure the office never runs out of supplies.
- Ensure health and safety policies, standard operating procedures are observed or adhered to at all times.
- Assist to provide refreshments to our stakeholders, during visits, audits or meetings etc.
- Assist with other relevant adhoc duties as and when required.
- Grade 10 or matric will be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year domestic or office cleaning experience.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be flexible and willing to adjust to changing work environments.
- Have the ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Be a self starter and team player.
- Basic numeracy and writing skills.
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Attention to detail.