Food Service Assistant
Closing Date 2023/01/26
Reference Number SER230124-15
Servest Catering ,a division of the Servest Group has an excellent opportunity for Food Service Assistants to join our busy team. The incumbent will be expected to handle all aspects of food preparation in a small eatery. The order cook’s responsibilities include keeping food preparation areas clean, grilling, cooking, and frying foods, taking orders, serving dishes to customers, and ordering and stocking kitchen and food supplies.
Minimum Requirements Requirements: • Food service experience • Understanding of catering and food safety • Good team working skills • Ability to multi task • Excellent customer service skills • Be responsible and fulfil duties with minimal supervision • Pay close attention to details • Be organized • Confidentiality is a must Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: • Good human relation skills and time management • Ability to follow oral directions or written • Ability to work independently
Duties & Responsibilities
• Taking customer orders and preparing food to their specifications.
• Grilling, cooking, and frying foods.
• Planning and managing work orders to ensure all items of an order are finished and served at the same time.
• Grilling and garnishing hamburgers and other meats.
• Performing simple food preparation tasks, such as slicing up meats and vegetables.
• Completing orders from steam tables, plating the food, and serving to the customers.
• Accepting payments and making change.
• Ordering supplies and stocking the shelves.
• Cleaning food preparation equipment and areas
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.