A Retail Floor Assistant sells products and assists customers in a store or retail outlet. Their primary duties include assisting, resolving customer issues and keeping the shop orderly.
Key Performance Arears:
• You are to be always on the retail floor no more standing or being at the self-help point and no sitting while customers are in the shop or when there is work to be done.
• You are to greet customers as they walk in and direct them to where they need to go or take them through to the shelves to get stock and assist them.
• You are to inform them of specials we have running and hand out flyers that are available.
• You can assist customers with part numbers if they do not have them which assists us at the trade counter.
• You are to familiarise yourselves with the retail store and where to find items and find locations.
• You are to try upselling to customers by asking them what else they need or use.
• You are to pick stock for the salespeople behind the trade counter but only in retail not at the warehouse.
• Please note that quotes required are to be done by the sales staff behind the trade counter you are merely to assist the customer with parts he needs for his quote.
• If a customer just needs a price you may assist with this using the self-help point.
• You will be given 3 aisles to maintain which will be your responsibility to always keep merchandised and neat.
• You will be required to work until the last customer leaves the store daily.
• Uniform and name badges are to be always worn.
• There will be no eating allowed on the retail or any food at the counters. Tea and coffee are allowed but these are to be kept under the counter and out of sight.
• There will be other duties that you will be required to do from time to time which may not be stipulated in your contract.
• Assist when and where needed.
• Grade 12
• 2-5 years’ Experience
• Computer literacy
• High attention to details
• Problem solving abilities
• People orientated and well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Positive work ethics
• Ability to work under pressure