At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success. We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000 strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
When you click ‘Apply’, you will need to click on ‘Create Account’. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character.
Please note that by submitting an employment application you consent to World Fuel Services processing your information for this role and potentially for future employment opportunities, in accordance with applicable laws. To learn more about how we protect and/or process personal information, please visit the WFS Privacy Center at: https://www.wfscorp.com/en/privacy-center.
Flight Planning & Meteorologist Specialist (Aviation Trip Planning)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Flight Planning Specialist & Meteorologist (Aviation Trip Planning) required by one of the world’s leading suppliers of aviation trip support services and aviation fuel!
World Fuel Services Corporation is a global leader in the downstream marketing and financing of aviation, marine and land fuel products and related services. With revenues in excess of $30 Billion, a global footprint of 48 office locations serving over 200 countries and territories, and over 4700 employees based in 25 countries, World Fuel Services offers its customers a value-added outsource service for supply, quality control, logistical support and price risk management.
WFS, www.wfscorp.com is a publicly listed company (NYSE: INT), headquartered in Miami, Florida and currently ranked # 92 on the Fortune 500 List.
Flight Planning & Meteorologist Specialist will be responsible for preparing accurate flight plans and meteorology packages for Trip Support clients in addition to assisting in daily operations and tasks within Trip Support Services division. Under general direction, maximize international trip support service and customer relations with new and existing clients, providing superior customer service, and communicating all of WFS’s products and services to WFS’s existing or new customers.
• Computing and preparing flight plans for upcoming trips
• Analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating meteorological information to determine potential hazards to flight safety and determine proper routings
• Using advanced knowledge of meteorology in preparing weather packages for upcoming trips
• Using advanced knowledge of flight planning in preparing the flight plans and packages for upcoming trips
• Ensuring flight packages are delivered to the proper emails, faxes, or both in a timely manner
• Confirming receipt of flight packages with the client, the handler, and/or the hotel
• Loading aircraft into Navtech or other flight planning system(s)
• Building routes in Navtech or other flight planning system(s)
• Provides expert level of support and consultation to WFS customers
• Assisting in day-to-day operations requirements such as but not limited to the following when demand dictates:
• Ground handling, operational permits, slots, Flight following, hotels, and transportation
• Customs services including customs arrangements, Canpass form preparation and submission and arrangement of Border Overflight Exemptions
• Loading and maintaining trips in the Falcon system
• Loading Trip Cost Estimates into the Falcon system
• Assisting with fuel quotes and/or arrangements after normal business hours
• Quality assurance for “owned” trips
• Part of the operations phone and communications rotation – responsible for assisting with all incoming operational communications, including phone calls, faxes, emails and SITA/AFTN traffic
• Must have a firm knowledge of WFS’s products and services and be able to effectively market them to customers
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by management
• Helps other employees to accomplish Colt company goals
• Working Hours: as determined by the Sr Director Global Operations
• Minimum education certificate at level 12 matric certificate is required.
• Knowledge of ATC regulations and understanding of flight planning systems.
• Ability to act in situations with confidence, assertiveness, tact, and diplomacy
• Ability to deal resolutely with sensitive issues; methods and techniques used in persuasion and negotiation of conflicts and problems
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in stressful situations and negotiations
• Ability to partner with other departments and interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
• Strong customer services skills and experience is essential.
• Strong organizational skills are essential.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English is essential.
• Strong stakeholder management skills and team working skills are essential.
• The ability to speak Afrikaans alongside English is desirable.
• The ability to process data quickly and accurately is essential.
• Strong IT skills across the MS Office product suite is essential.
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision is essential.
• Ability and willingness to work across a shift plan than covers day, night and weekend working is essential.