MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: Collect on outstanding Coastal amounts ensuring good results in: debtors days (DSO), cash collection and reduction of bad debt expense/write off.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: Collecting Outstanding debt
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Credit Management or Finance related qualifications
- 2-3 Years Collections experience in a high-volume consumer environment
- Valid Driver’s Licence (Essential)
- Own Transport (Essential)
- Males – (Preferable)
JOB REQUIREMENTS & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office & Excel
- Working knowledge of LSN and SAP
- Strong People & Communication skills
- Listener experience advantageous
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORAL COMPETANCIES:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure & with difficult customers
- Excellent telephone skills
- Computer literate – intermediate Excel skills requirement
- Accuracy & attention to detail essential
- Excellent reconciliation skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Doing site visits to client’s out in the field and to collect overdue amounts.
- Telephonically contact clients with due or overdue amounts in order to obtain payment for the arrears.
- Accurately record notes resulting from outbound calls to clients in the Listener system.
- Ensure that the minimum number of prescribed collection calls are achieved daily.
- Capture debit order resubmissions in the Listener system.
- Verify client information in the Listener system when making contact with clients.
- Convert clients from printed communication to electronic communication.
- Obtain commitment from clients to settle their overdue accounts within the shortest possible period of time.
- Follow up on client payment commitments.
- Issue letters of demand & suspension to clients in accordance with the collection policy.
- Review the regional suspense accounts on a daily basis to identify and transfer client payments not yet allocated to the correct account.
- Request the suspension of overdue accounts where the prescribed number of calls and/or communication has been completed.
- Understand & communicate company policies, collection policies & service specific information to clients.
- Identify the nature of client queries, record the queries in the Listener system (and/or query management tool) & to re-direct the queries to the relevant department/personnel for resolution where the query does not pertain to the Credit Control function.
- Ensure that all forwarded queries are resolved by the relevant departments through constant follow up in order to obtain payment from clients.
- Forward, electronically or printed, copies of client invoices, statements & other relevant documentation as requested by the Contact Centre or by the client directly.
- Address & resolve client queries (where the query pertains to a Credit Control function) identified either through the outbound call process or transferred from the Contact Centre (manually or through the query management tool).
- Communicate the outcome of the resolved query to customers (both internally & externally).
- Accurately prepare various administrative documents including: credit note requests, transfer of funds, client refunds requests, master data amendments, etc. (electronically and/or written).
- Ensure that all off-setting of receipts & credit notes/debit notes is accurately processed on a daily basis.
- Reconcile (where necessary) accounts with credit balances establishing the reason for the credit balance and making the necessary adjustments (refunds or transfers).
- Ensure individual & departmental collection & bad debt provision targets are consistently achieved.
- Always maintain a high standard of customer service, client courtesy & professionalism when interacting with clients.
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects within the Credit Control Department.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping at all times.
- Reduction in book.
- Ensure that plans are followed.
- Ensure that standard are adhered to.