Job Type Classification Permanent
Number of Positions 1
Location – Town / Site Woodmead
Location – Province Gauteng
Location – Country South Africa
• Assist the Group General Counsel in performing the duties as required by a public company listed on the JSE.
• Effectively communicate and resolve high level telephone enquiries (Non-Executive Directors, CEO and CFO).
• Manage and screen telephone calls for the Group Company Secretary.
• Organise and maintain the diary of the Group Company Secretary.
• Formulate and ensure the distribution of the Annual Schedule of Meetings across the Group, maintain updates and changes in Directors and Exco calendars.
• Upload and publish Board and sub-Committee meeting packs on Due Diligence for access by Board and Exco.
• Due Diligence administrator and engage with users /service provider to resolve issues.
• Ensuring that all administrative and statutory processes for meetings are complied with, e.g. issuing of notice, appointment of proxies, attendance registers, annual declaration of interests etc.
• Ensure the maintenance of accurate and up to date Board and sub-Committee attendance registers and minute books.
• Drafting and executing of extracts of minutes of meetings of the Board and Executive Committee of the Company and distribution thereof to directors and senior executives.
• Assisting with the induction of newly appointed directors.
• Assists with preparation of annual evaluation of NED’s and Committees.
• Preparing quarterly payment schedules and invoices for all NED’s and process for payment.
• Co-ordinate the submission of reports by various departments/businesses and loading on Due Diligence.
• Dealing effectively with general requests and enquiries from subsidiary companies and/or external parties.
• Type and format contracts and general correspondence including the proof reading of minutes and other crucial documents.
• Co-ordinate the bookings of all conferences and seminars for the department.
• Co-ordinate all social interactions for clients and/or the department.
• Supervise all general office duties to ensure the efficient administration of the department.
• Administer the SharePoint Portal site in respect of the Legal Department.
Qualifications & Experience
• Matric / Grade 12.
• Relevant Diploma or Certificate.
• Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years Executive Secretary experience.
• Sound knowledge of corporate governance and company statutory principles will be advantageous.