Discovery – Marketing
The Event Consultant is responsible to create event solutions that enable business to meet and exceed their objectives by delivering an exceptional and innovative customer experience, while always ensuring that Discovery is able to meet our objectives and achieve great value for money.
The Event Consultant is also responsible to create event solutions that enable business to meet their objectives by:
• Driving and implementation of exceptional event solutions for sales and distribution.
• Collaborating closely with Head of Events and Event Managers as well as business resources, to ensure flawless, on-time and high impact delivery of events to help achieve company and business unit objectives.
• Interfacing with suppliers to ensure Discovery is always at the cutting edge of innovation in the events arena.
• Driving and defining the implementation of events for Sales and Distribution and the Discovery Brand teams on webinar and for live events.
• Collaborating closely with clients to ensure flawless, on-time and high impact delivery of relevant event, to help achieve company and business unit objectives.
• Interfacing with senior business people and medical societies to define and co-ordinate the brand strategy for the event.
• Perform research to select the appropriate venue for each live event where required.
• Perform research to select the appropriate webinar platform for each webinar event including pre-recording requirements.
• Onsite CPD management at event venue.
• Manage the preparation and distribution of all event collateral for each event.
• Efficient management and assistance of Executives and colleagues linked to a specific event.
• Assist in coordination of relevant speakers.
• Manage key events on the event calendar each year.
• Understand campaign objectives, target audiences, strategies/tactics, timelines in relation to your events
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure excellent execution of event strategies/tactics and deliverables.
• Actively listen and communicate openly with clients and internal teams.
• Manage the relevant project budget for area of responsibility
Education and Experience
• Minimum three year relevant industry qualification or experience
• Minimum three years in events industry
• Ability to work on Office suite – Email, Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
• Multitasking – managing more than one project at a time
• Decision making skills
• Negotiation skills
• Exceptional communication skills