Duties and Responsibilities
- General street sweeping, Litter Picking and refuse removal within the jurisdiction of the Midvaal local municipality.
- Assist with illegal dumping clean up.
- Do any work with or garden tools on sport fields, flowerbeds, pavements etc. to create a clean and tidy environment.
- Use garden tools to clean areas when machines are out of order or during winter months.
- Clean parks and cemeteries, clinics, libraries, sports centres, depots and other municipal facilities and buildings and perform other general works necessary.
- Put out traffic signs to warn traffic and persons about workers next to municipal roads, islands, pavements, open spaces etc
- Responsible for loading and off-loading of solid waste material and equipment of the section.
- Execution of all legal instructions from the supervisor to ensure productivity and smooth running of the section.
- Reports any injury/loss sustained while working to the supervisor to ensure prompt attendance and safety of the working area of responsibility.
- Assist customers and the public in waste disposal.
- Perform any other related Ad Hoc tasks and duties as requested by management (supervisor) from time to time.
- Grade 10
- Grade 12 added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (must be bilingual)
- Ability to follow & execute given instructions
- Good physical health, basic skill & know how of doing physical work
- A hard-working self-disciplined person
- 0-1 year relevant experience in Waste Management and Parks