The Embroidery Operator is responsible for accurately embroidering stock items, meeting customer requirements and ensuring that every customer is looked after brilliantly when in store.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Analyzing and understanding project specifications and customers’ needs before starting each embroidery project.
- Deliver high-quality embroidery that meets delivery times, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Set up and run the Embroidery Machine efficiently and effectively with all the correct threads.
- Frame the garments accurately and according to the customisation sheet and customer requirements.
- Look after the embroidery machine and conduct basic maintenance to ensure the machine is in order and runs smoothly.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers.
- Ensure all our products are always well stocked and merchandised to the highest standard.
- Following up efficiently and effectively with customers on everything related to their outstanding orders and quotations.
- Processing of customer payments at Point of Sale and taking accountability for cash desk when required.
- Available to work on weekends when required.
The experience we’re looking for:
- Preferably 2 years’ experience as an Embroidery operator or machinist
- Well-spoken with an excellent telephone manner.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel (spreadsheets), Word, Outlook; preferably also Syspro.
The type of personality that will excel:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A “go-to” person on whom people can rely.
- Great time-management skills, with an attitude of doing whatever it takes to get the job done.