TB HIV Care, in existence since 1929, is an internationally recognised non-profit organisation. We provide health care services throughout South Africa to both the general population and communities at increased risk for HIV and TB, including adolescent girls and young women, inmates in correctional centres, sex workers and people who use drugs.
TB HIV Care provides a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of HIV and TB prevention and care. Our work culture is adapted to the constantly evolving South African health care environment and will suit solution-driven team players interested in opportunities for career development while working to connect people with care. Purpose: The purpose of the Driver is to transporting the team and equipment to and from different locations and other duties related to being a driver, including vehicle maintenance, observing all road safety and traffic laws
– Grade 12
– Valid Code 10 Driver’s Licence
– 3 years driving experience
– Clear criminal record
– Good communication skills
– Proficiency in English, Afrikaans or IsiXhosa languages
Duties and Responsibilities
– Ensure that all safety precautions are adhered to.
– Inspects the vehicle and reports defects to the relevant manager.
– Maintains a daily transportation log and ensures petrol slips are submitted on a weekly basis.
– Complies with relevant legislation and the organization’s policies and procedures regarding vehicle maintenance.
– Ensures that during out-reach programmes the staff and vehicle are secure.
– Maintains client confidentiality and supports community outreach activities.
– Conducts mapping and site profiling.
– Documents findings and submits mapping tool to data capturer.
– Ensures the latest emergency numbers are listed in the vehicle
– Complies with the Standard Operating Procedures for Vehicles
– Undertake transportation of resources, lab work and staff as required by the site.
– Physically assist on site with manual tasks when required by the site such as carrying boxes and equipment
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing Date: 1 November 2021