- The Core purpose of the role is to maintain depot facilities and mobile equipment within the budget constraints. Ensure that maintenance is carried out according to plan and preventative maintenance schedule to ensure minimum breakdowns and stoppages
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planned and Preventative Maintenance: Planned and preventative maintenance scheduled and executed for the Warehouse equipment, including forklifts and vehicles.
- Breakdown Maintenance: Knowledge of depot equipment and facilities with the objective to ensure minimum disruption to the operation. Quick response to equipment failure.
- Depot Equipment and Facilities History: Maintain a database for equipment maintenance history
- Legal Compliance: Ensure that the depot complies fully with applicable legal requirements (e.g. Railway safety, Explosion management etc.)
- Managing contractors on site
- Depot Safety/Risk: Responsible for all risk related activities at the warehouse according to company guidelines and procedures. Depot Technician is the MR2, and thus accountable for Safety and Risk as per statutory requirements and company guidelines (i.e. Confined space, Hot works, Cold works, Working at Heights)
- Maintain a safety culture and safety files
- System Auditability: Ensure a proper audit trail of equipment maintenance and continuous improvement of equipment maintainability. Control auditing of maintenance work by external suppliers
- Emergency/Standby Equipment: Ensure that emergency equipment is operational at all times. Innovation and continuous improvement of emergency equipment to increase equipment output.
- Perform daily and weekly inspections on warehouse fire protection systems and standby generator.
- Must have knowledge of VSD’s
- After hours response as needed
- 5 years in depot/warehouse environment
- Must have strong mechanical and Electrical background
- Trade tested as a millwright
- Millwright or relevant technical field