The Department of Water and Sanitation invites unemployed youth to apply for the following Government entry level Jobs / positions.
Salary: R181 599 per annum (Level 05)
▪ Transport building material to site.
▪ Mixing mortar.
▪ Building models.
▪ Provide a support service to the Artisans, Foreman, Technicians and Engineers in building and testing models.
▪ General workmanship to build model which includes but is not limited to mixing concrete, carpentry, pipework, bricklaying etc.
▪ Responsible for the general cleaning and maintenance inside and outside the lab.
▪ Assist in demolishing models.
▪ Complete time sheet and submit to Artisan Foreman.
▪ Basic understanding of government legislation.
▪ Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations and ensure that protective equipment is used appropriately.
▪ A Senior / Grade 12 Certificate with Mathematics / Mathematics Literacy as a passed subject.
▪ Computer Literacy (Microsoft: word, excel and power point).
▪ Unexpired driver’s license.
Skills and Competencies
▪ Basic Knowledge in handling laboratory equipment.
▪ Ability to solve problems.
▪ Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
▪ Good interpersonal communication.
▪ Good organizing skills.
▪ Willingness to acquire new skills.