Intercare is a dynamic healthcare company focusing on offering value-based healthcare to patients. As ambassadors of the Intercare brand, everything we do is guided by our purpose to make people feel better. Our shared values of People-centred, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Innovation define what we believe and who we are.
Intercare Linden Medical and Dental Centre situated in Randburg, Johannesburg seeks to recruit a Dental Assistant. The focus of this position is to assist dental professionals engaged in performing general and/or specialist dentistry and other dental procedures, as well as facilitating the patient administration process.
• Work within the realms of the scope of practice and knowledge base in relation to current trends and advances to maintain competency level.
• Takes personal accountability for decisions made and actions taken and/or omissions in the course of care delivery.
• Ensure the dental room is hygienically acceptable and that sterilization and infection control protocols are adhered to with regards to instruments and equipment.
• Assist dentist in all clinical procedures according to branch protocol.
• Coordinate laboratory work including but not limited to completion of lab slips, collection, returning and casting.
• Control availability of consumables and equipment in dental room as well as the monitoring the economical usage thereof.
• Engage and interrogate concerns brought to his/her attention in order to provide safe dental practices.
• Ensure documentation is in accordance with the policy and within the legal framework.
• Maintain patient confidentiality, dignity and safety at all times.
• Ensure that the disposal of medical waste, human tissue and medicine is in accordance to legislation.
• Ensure the efficient functioning of equipment, or reporting of any equipment failure that could pose a potential risk to patients or staff.
• Grade 12
• Completion of approved training course in dental assisting, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Previous experience in a customer focused service environment will be advantageous.
• Computer proficiency (MS Office).
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of general dentistry as applied to assisting a dentist in the treatment and care of patients.
• Advanced knowledge of dental terminology.
• Basic understanding of the functioning of dental healthcare environment.
• Good knowledge and application of infection control principles and sterilization techniques.
• Knowledge of treatment codes used in dentistry in doing quotations for advanced dentistry treatment procedures.
• Specialised dental procedures.
• GoodX experience will be advantageous
• Registered with HPCSA as Registered Dental Assistant.
If your personal purpose is aligned to our purpose and your values fit in with our value system, please apply. We encourage Diversity of Thought, and we welcome people to build and add to our culture.
CLOSING DATE: 25 January 2022
All applications can be submitted on:
If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date please regard your application as unsuccessful.