Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Accounts Receivable Controller is responsible for building a positive relationship with both internal and external customer, to receive payments timeously and reduce bad debt. The Controller is responsible for collections on all outstanding accounts, investigating queries on student accounts and providing information to the relevant internal departments to ensure that these corrections are processed timeously and accurately.
Credit Management/Finance qualification
Knowledge of accounting software
Knowledge of Excel
Accounts Receivable Controller – 1 to 3 years minimum
- Collections on all overdue accounts.
- Daily collections on assigned age analysis (Inbound/Outbound Calls/Emails/Jiira).
- Meeting monthly collection targets and reduce portfolio risk.
- Ensure that all payment options selected are adhered to.
- Escalation and assistance of account related queries. (Billings/Payments/Statements).
- Ensure follow-ups on promise to pays are made on specified dates.
- Ensure that correct Master Data in Sage is updated and maintained.
- Ensure all debit orders returned unpaid from the bank are dealt with immediately, account payers must be contacted, and payment arrangements must be made.
- Assist with adhoc administration as and when needed.
- Ensure monthly updated Debtors Trackers are sent to allocated Schools.
- Ensure that recommended Suspension/Termination Lists are sent to allocated Schools.
- Preparation of Requested Refunds.
- Recommendations of Bad Debts.
- Approval of handover files through SharePoint.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with all divisions including but not limited to Brand Finance/Principasl/Account Payers through open and interactive communication.
- Handle Account Payers complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives.
- Communicate with internal departments as required to maintain an accurate position on student’s accounts.
- Ensure monthly meetings are held with Schools/Principals.
- Ensure all queries are resolved in line with the Collections SOP’s.
- Ensure all potential bad debt accounts are sent to Pre-Legal for handover in line with pre-legal requirements.
- Excellent communication – verbal and written.
- Information management.
- Problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Sound Judgement.
- Organising and Prioritising.