Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
About the Actuarial & Analytics Solutions (A&AS) team.
Deloitte A&AS is a multi-disciplinary team that consists of actuaries, mathematicians, data scientists, engineers, economists, statisticians and other specialists who provide unique insights and expertise to our clients across numerous industries. Using our diverse skill sets we create value for our clients through the development of innovative solutions using advanced analytical modelling (ML & AI), robotic process automation as well as finance, customer and marketing analytics. Our team leverages a wide range of technologies and platforms to best meet the specific needs of each of our clients. Our team is collaborative and engaging and always looking for driven and high-achieving individuals.
More info About Deloitte:
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today’s changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients’ business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
Actuarial & Analytics Solutions(A&AS)
• Accounting and Auditing
• Financial Institutions Services Team
• Capital Markets Team
• Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Purpose of the role
A mid to senior-level experienced Consultant to assist the Analytics team in delivery of services to clients. Key accountabilities of the role include:
• Use a combination of industry knowledge, tools and technology to create solutions for client problems
Preliminary Analysis and Data Exploration
• Conduct analysis to understand client’s business, determine and prioritise client needs and identify opportunities for business enhancement
• Carry out research, data collection and conduct appropriate analysis to derive valuable insights for client needs
• Preparation and exploration of client data including statistical analyses
Data Analytics and Modelling
• Build and implement models for a variety of purposes using a wide range of tools and applications
• Assist with analytical and data science modelling for specific client requirements
• Carry out analytical and statistical exercises such as customer segmentation analysis, business campaign investigations, activity-based costing, financial modelling etc.
• Assist with the development of BI reporting dashboards
• Automation of manual client processes
• Support management in the sales process and delivery of projects
• Compile client reports, marketing documentation and presentations using Word and PowerPoint.
• Work, interact and communicate with clients
• Contribute to business development as well a suggest new service offerings
• Develop junior team members
Qualifications & Experience required
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, Actuarial, Econometrics, Statistics, Computer Sciences (with mathematics basis) or STEM related degree. Strong Mathematical ability is essential.
• Minimum of three years relevant work experience.
• Experience using the suite of Microsoft Office software (Excel and Word and PowerPoint).
• Experience using at least a minimum 1 of the following technologies (SAS/R/Python/or similar).
• Experience using relevant data tools (PowerPivot and/or Power Query and/or SQL or similar).
• Some experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence or Analytical Modelling.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Consulting experience will be advantageous.
• Experience using Business Intelligence Platforms will be advantageous (Power BI/Tableau/QlikView/other similar).
• Cloud experience would be advantageous (Azure/AWS/GCP/Other).
• Other programming/coding skills are advantageous (e.g. Dax/VBA/Other).
Key Performance areas
• Under guidance, supports the delivery efforts of the engagement team in area of competency
• Conducts research for engagement / project as delegated and provides meaningful analysis / output
• Identifies possible opportunities for follow-on work and advises management
• Assists in preparation of client presentations / discussion documentation as directed
Client Impact: External / Internal
• Contributes to decisions by engagement team by providing fact based and pertinent recommendations from research / analysis / client interaction
• Communicates regularly with Engagement Manager and team members on status of allocated deliverables
• Develops productive working relationships with client staff
• Informs Engagement Manager of any possible emerging engagement change issues
• Responds with urgency and accountability to client and team requests
• Understands the context and impact of own role within engagement and conducts work accordingly
• Consistently reviews and analyses accuracy and quality of own deliverables prior to submission for review by senior
• Develops awareness of risk in area of engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies
• Maintains clear communication channels with engagement team members on work status effecting their outputs
Development/Growth of Team
• Cultivates ability to give effective development feedback both upward and to peer
• Maintains own development and knowledge in specialised area
Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
• Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.