Safair Operations, operating as , has a vacancy for a Dangerous Goods / AVSEC Instructor. The successful candidate will be required to conduct Training at our head office in Bonaero Park (In-person or Online Training, as required). The successful applicant will report to the Manager Training.
– Maintain own certification relating to regulated training programs, conferences and courses for Dangerous Goods / AVSEC as set out in the Regulations;
– Maintain current knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, procedures for the safe operations of aircraft and ensure conformance to regulatory requirements;
– Determine training needs in line with organizational requirements;
– Develop high standards of Dangerous Goods / AVSEC training material, which corresponds with FlySafair’s Dangerous Goods, and with PART 92 and 109 of the Regulations;
– Design and develop Dangerous Goods / AVSEC related courses and procedures and best practice methodology;
– Deliver Dangerous Goods / AVSEC training in classroom and virtual format;
– Oversee training programs and manuals to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date and the training is current and in real time basis. Make updates as necessary;
– Work with managers to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new educational needs;
– Attend SACAA conferences and other relevant working groups;
– Maintain understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods;
– Ensuring that certified training is delivered to the highest standard and that the training reflects the guidance and direction of governing bodies;
– Ensure an auditing and recording system is maintained for all regulatory requirements;
– Ensure documentation and all training records are completed;
– Assess, monitor, coach and provide trainees with individual feedback;
– Review of training feedback received and implement changes to delivery/ material.
– Grade 12;
– Successful completion of the dangerous goods training in Category 6 and signed out by the SACAA as an instructor;
– Successful completion or undergoing of Instructor Aviation Security Certification;
– Successful completion of Train the Trainer, Assessor and Moderator;
– Knowledge about applicable Dangerous Goods Regulations and Aviation Security;
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
– Excellent attention to detail;
– Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills;
– Prompt decision making and problem-solving skills;
– High integrity and judgement;
– Commands respect among peers and management;
– Professional conduct;
– Immaculate time keeping.