Customer Service Agent
Date: Jan 17, 2023
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.
• To provide a central SA order processing service that exceeds our customer’s expectations for all orders for Akzonobel brands.
• Fulfill the “Order to Cash” (OTC) cycle for all assigned orders and ensure processing and monitoring in accordance with agreed terms in order to optimally serve customer needs and be in compliance with law, regulations and Akzonobel procedures.
• Provide a high customer service level by building/maintaining customer relationships both internal & external.
• Compliance to ISO 9001/14001 quality/ environmental management systems & corporate Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) management system.
• Process and manage customer orders (including inter-company, internal and free issues) within the relevant deadline.
• Manage stock-out and provide feedback to customers timeously.
• Manage errors to reduce GRNS.
• To proactively liaise with DCs, Planning and customers during critical service issues while remaining professional at all times.
• Escalate customer concerns on delivery issues that may be costly to the business.
• Maintain a good working relationship with internal and external customers by providing high standard of service and identifying opportunities that allow continuous improvement in service levels.
• Continuous improvement; implement and or optimize work processes, techniques and systems; share knowledge (best practices) and contribute to standardization in order processes to support harmonization and proper usage of systems.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of the AkzoNobel brands, our customers and competitors to allow clear sound decisions to be made at short notice.
• Be able to prioritize their work load at all times.
• Carry out administration procedures regarding order filing, reports to internal and external customers.
• Manage and complete required e-learning for self-development.
• Minimum Matric certificate
• Relevant experience in a call centre environment
• Call centre diploma would be advantageous.
• Proficiency in MS Office Packages and SAP is essential
• Knowledge of decorative paints would be an advantage
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 27936