- On the Dot, a subsidiary of Media24, currently requires the services of a Credit Controller
We seek to appoint a dynamic and energetic individual to assume responsibility as a Credit Controller, reporting to the Debtors Team Leader. The position will be based in Randburg
- To provide a clerical and administrative service in respect of customers’ accounts in order to ensure sound and accurate financial procedures. Responsible for the collection of outstanding accounts that are in arrears on a section of the debtors report.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain daily registers and controls;
- Prepare and capture journals and transactions;
- Notify superior of any suspicious or potentially fraudulent payments;
- Prepare and complete reconciliations of customer accounts;
- Verify and follow up on invoices, statements and payments and ensure the timeous collection of outstanding/arrear accounts in accordance with collection procedures;
- Report on bad debt and the recovery there of , and escalate when required;
- Maintain an efficient filing system in respect of accounting data, records, contracts and invoices;
- Monitor the age analysis of debts and perform continuous risk analysis;
- Follow up on and clear unallocated cash;
- Organise and manage the routine work activities of the debtors clerks in order to ensure an efficient workflow;
- Ensure that all payments are received, allocated and processed;
- Oversee and manage the Collections process by driving the implementation of collections procedures, and by monitoring and reporting on the status of the collections;
- Coach, share knowledge and mentor more junior employees;
- Attend to queries as escalated by the debtors clerks;
- Prepare files for handover to external debt collectors;
- Receive and handle complaints and follow-up on all complaints;
- To grant discounts and commission on subsidiaries and agencies;
- May be required to perform complex collections on bad debt clients;
- May be required to perform additional ad hoc administrative duties, as required within the department; and
- May be required to stand in for team members as required.
- Grade 12
- At least 2 -3 years’ experience in debtors administration.
- Must have very good Microsoft Excel knowledge and skills
- Relevant Certificate/Diploma in Credit Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a closely related.
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications
- General knowledge of Accounting.