The CSIR has a vacancy for a Corporate Communications Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for proactively implementing the marketing and communication strategy in line with the objectives of the CSIR.
Work closely with the Brand and Corporate Communications Manager to raise the profile of the organization through taking ownership of the compilation, production and distribution of specific deliverables such:
– Corporate annual report
– Corporate promotional material
– Corporate video
– Corporate overview presentations
– Corporate content on the CSIR website
– Corporate advertising campaigns; and ensure all the above messages adhere to the organisational brand and identity
– Identify suitable platforms to favourably position the CSIR in the minds of its stakeholders
– Implement the marketing and communication strategy
– Serve as the CSIR corporate account manager
– Provide account management communication services to internal portfolios with external communication needs, such as the CSIR’s Business Excellence and Integration office; the Human Capital Development office; and the office of the CEO.
– Identify suitable organisational information and interpreting such for a range of external audiences and using a variety of communication products, from presentations to fact sheets to multimedia products or advertising, etc.
– Interpret, formulate and communicate CSIR strategies for external audiences
– Manage the Corporate Communication team that includes cross-cutting services, such as text editing (mainstream and online)
– Take strong leadership and co-accountability for positioning of the CSIR brand through central activities overseen by the media and events teams.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in communication or public relations with at least five to ten years’ experience in a corporate communication.
– Postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
– Experiential knowledge of the National System of Innovation will be an advantage.
– Excellent writing skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders from all levels.
– Excellent time management skills.
– Must have three to five years’ experience in managing a diverse team of professionals.
– Be abreast with trends in the field of science communication.
– Have a good eye for detail, as well as good general knowledge.
– The following skills are required
-Change and people management;
– Leadership qualities
– Ability to display a high level of integrity
– Team orientation
– Client/service delivery focused
– Display high level of professionalism
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
Closing date: 22 July 2021
How to Apply:
Please email your CV to: Recruitment02@csir.co.za