We are recruiting a Cook to join our team, in this role you will under direct supervision, performs general cooking duties using standardizes recipes and performs other preparation and sanitation duties as required. Washes, peels and trims ingredients and assists Head Chef.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares and cooks meats, fish, vegetables, gravies, cereals, soups, fruits, bakery products and other forms of food.
• Prepares and cooks food for special diets from recipes formulated by qualified personnel.
• Assists in on-the-job training and assist in directing the work of food service workers, students and other employees within area of assignment.
• Assists in the preparation of salads and desserts.
• Notifies supervisor of food and supplies needed. Checks in food and supplies as necessary.
• Maintains food production records.
• Cleans kitchen, kitchen utensils and equipment; secures refrigerator and freezer.
• Serves food as required. Maintains maximum standards of sanitation and safety.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Promptly reports equipment and food quality to kitchen Manager.
• Uses our Standardized Recipe Card for preparing all products.
• Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
Skills and Competencies
• A minimum of 1 -2 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
• Be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20kg.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Proven knowledge on costing and controls
• National Senior Certificate
Tsebo is committed to protecting your personal data as well as your rights relating to the information in line with the provisions of the applicable data protection laws.
As a company we are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants.
Please note that Tsebo will not charge individuals seeking employment any fees, whether for registration, application, administration or placement.