This position is based at a site in Postmasburg in the Northern Cape. The purpose of this position is to continuously monitor all process parameters to ensure safe and effective operation of the production plant according to operating procedures and standards.
– Grade 12 with Maths and Science
– National Certificate Mineral Processing Level 2 / equivalent Minerals Processing qualification
– Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Process Operator
– DMS Plant experience
– English language proficiency
– Computer literacy
– Competent with Scada system
– Ability to multitask and prioritise
– Excellent communication and time management skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Control and monitor all process equipment through information received from the Scada System
• Act promptly on process defects as indicated by the Scada System
• Identify and report any potentially unsafe conditions
• Coordinating Process Operators and Attendants on the shift to act promptly on process defects
• Report abnormal and unusual conditions immediately
• Monitor and record process parameters such as flows, pressures, levels, and temperatures to ensure effective operation.
• Interact and communicate with all Process and Engineering staff
• On instruction call-out appropriate Maintenance staff
• Complete production log-sheets
• Perform general housekeeping duties
• SHEQ awareness and management
• KPI control and management for relevant levels
Please note that the closing date for applications is not specified in the job post.