- To assist in providing discipline specific engineering services to iX engineers and its clients, including assisting with design and construction monitoring duties, while supporting the broader iX engineers business, values and vision.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Engineer/Project Manager by attending tender briefings, providing inputs into tender documentation, writing method statements, assisting with pricing calculations and providing general support during tender processes as and when required and in line with skills level and training provided
- Assist with Company and Project Management procedures and processes.
- Assist with Quality procedures accordance with Company Quality Management Principles.
- Assist with and embrace Health and Safety requirements in the work place, designs as well as on construction sites.
- Assist in the development of project proposals.
- Assist with the preparation of concept designs, reports and esitmates under supervision
- Assist with the preparations of drawings and tender documentation.
- Assist with the tender and adjudication process leading up to contractor appointment and site hand over.
- Assist with monitor and manage construction activities including:
- Attending site and inspection meetings.
- Ensure that changes to documents and work scope are implemented.
- Ensure that quality and compliance with specifications are adhered to.
- Assit with valuations and the preparation of payment certificates.
- Participate in development training in order to obtain experience in the consulting environment.
- Assist with maintain good working relations with all stakeholders, both internal and external to the company.
- When needed interact with leaders, peers and clients in such a way to command respect and to grow relationship skills.
- National Diploma in Civil Construction
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical and practical engineering skills