Are you passionate about service excellence and helping people feel good? Are you confident to engage and communicate with our customers? We have an exciting opportunity in a Clicks' store for a Shop Assistant / Cashier who will report to the Store Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in retail.
Duties and Responsibilities
– To efficiently execute all operational activities at the point of sale in a timely and efficient manner.
– To maintain high levels of accuracy when scanning merchandise and collecting payment for goods purchased, including actioning clubcard rewards.
– To ensure the safe handling of cash at all times.
– To proactively promote the Clicks' clubcard and to enroll new clubcard members in order to achieve the clubcard participation targets.
– To make customers aware of promotions in order to positively affect sales and to ensure customers “feel good and pay less”.
– To deliver superior customer service by acting as a brand ambassador, being visible and offering a friendly and professional service.
– To efficiently execute and maintain all merchandising and general housekeeping duties according to store and visual merchandise standards.
– To ensure continuity of excellent service by focusing on own development and product knowledge and sharing product information with relief staff
– To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
– To maintain updated knowledge on products, ranges, promotions and events in order to provide the correct information to customers at all times.
– Essential: Grade 12
– Desirable: Maths 50% and English 50% at Grade 12 level
– Desirable: Relevant Retail/Business Management qualification
– Desirable: experience in a customer facing role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment
– Basic math’s calculations
– Retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
– Understanding of stock management procedures
– Knowledge of customer service excellence
– Planning and organising skills
– Problem-solving skills
– Strong customer orientation
– Good communication skills
– Computer literacy
– Numeracy skills
– Relating and networking
– Following instructions and procedures
– Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
– Working with people
– Persuading and Influencing
– Planning and Organising
– Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
kindly Note Only Applicants Who Meet The Minimum Requirements Will be Contacted
Location: Midrand, Gauteng
Closing Date: 1 November 2021