The cashier is responsible for the way customers and visitors experience support. They are the first point of contact for customer support, customer enthusiasm and customer loyalty and represents the brand.
job description involves the ability to deliver quality service to customers. Cashiers need to accurately, promptly and courteously inform customers about prices, the parts and services and expected completion times.
• Ensure paging system is on first call back after no reply
• Computes or re-computes the customer’s final bill using the dealership computer system.
• Receives and issues a receipt for cash, EFT and credit card payments, following the procedure set out for accepting payment
• Records amount received in the computer and secures monies in the register/drawer.
• Makes change and issues receipts to customers.
• Reviews and records totals as shown on the receipt tape and verifies against cash on hand.
• Refers customers who have additional questions or complaints to the service advisor or other appropriate person.
• Greets customers in a timely, friendly and professional manner. Let customers who are waiting know that they will be helped soon.
• Ensure that work areas and customer waiting areas are kept clean.
• Reconcile payments received with invoiced amounts and prices of parts.
• Observing operations relevant to the customer with the aim of better handling customer requests without compromising reliability and deadlines.
• The booking clerk has the necessary role of conveying information that promotes communication and information between customers, the service area and the sales area. This requires accurately assimilating and imparting information.
• Accepting customer complaints amicably and forwarding them to the appropriate person.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of 3 years’
• Must have a clear Criminal Record.
• A minimum of Grade 12.
• Motor industry experience will an added advantage.
• Must have excellent verbal communication skill.
• Administration skills.
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Written communication skills.
• People / customer interaction skills Diplomacy / resilience / dealing with pressure.
• Problem resolution / decision-making.
• Team working skills.
• PC Skills.
• Customer focus
• Basic technical understanding (essential).
• Additional language would an advantage.