Duties and Responsibilities
• Customer engagement
• Operate electronic equipment
• Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all payment measures. Being able to work at a fast pace without error and issue the right amount of change.
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment
• which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer
• maintaining outstanding standards and solid product knowledge.
• Sufficient product and product code knowledge as well as maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
• Ensure that all money is accounted for. The need to balance tills on a daily basis.
• The ability to order change before the change runs low and in the correct quantities
• Greet customers entering establishments
• Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
• Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions
• Receive payment by cash or card
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
• Matric / Grade 12
• Computer literate
• Previous cashier experience
• Ability to work with money