Our Girls Strategic Business Unit (SBU) is looking for a resilient and hard-working team player to provide effective and accurate administrative and general assistance to the Buyer. If you are self-motivated, passionate about performance and have the high energy level required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment, consider this to be an opportunity to invest and grow your career.
– A Grade12/Matric certificate (essential).
– A relevant tertiary qualification in Fashion Design or Clothing Management or related field would be a definite advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
– Communicates effectively both within, as well as outside the Company
– Builds and maintain relationships
– Resilient and maintain high levels of drive and initiative under pressure
– Prioritise and be Assertive
– Work independently, as well as be a team player
– Is proactive, deadline driven and flexible to adapt to change
– Has sound planning, organizing and time management skills
– Is fast and accurate with regards to processing and checking detail
– Has a strong service & detail orientation
– Is able to be “hands on” when the buyer is travelling
– Previous experience (preferably 2 years) in an Administrative or Buyer’s Assistant role (preferably in a Retail/Buying environment).
– Proficiency in the latest Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Duties and Responsibilities
– To execute all administration relating to the procurement process:
– To update all systems with the required information
– To capture and monitor all purchase orders
– To update and assist with the style cards
– To continuously update and maintain all filing
– To effectively manage all samples throughout the entire Merchandising cycle:
– To effectively manage all samples that are received and sent
– To continously organise and maintain samples and sample rails
– To provide on-going assistance with all tasks related to the handling of samples\
– To communicate and follow-up effectively with all relevant internal and external customers/role players/key relationships:
– To assist with managing on-time delivery by following-up on Red-seal samples, Green-seal samples, Fit samples and Marketing samples
– To communicate in an effective manner
– To formulate trusting partnerships with key stakeholders
– Provide general assistance to the Buyer/s:
– To continously assist and support the buyer during all stages of the Mechandising Cycle
Location: Kuils River
Closing Date: 21 October 2021