The main purpose of this position is to prepare and process soiled banknotes for destruction using high-speed note processing machines, to ensure acceptable quality of banknotes in circulation.
Duties And Responsibilities
– Prepare, process, verify and quality-sort banknotes received from internal and external customers.
– Reconcile processed batches of banknotes to ensure it balances with the amount deposited by customers.
– Engage in short-term planning and perform tasks against work plans as defined by the team leader.
– Perform work as a part of the team within established practices, processes, rules and regulations, ensuring compliance with standards, policies and other guidelines in executing prescribed tasks.
– Identify, evaluate and solve defined, routine and new problems within a familiar context, applying solutions based on relevant evidence and procedures.
– Deliver work that meets the time and quality standards set in terms of the processing and destruction of soiled notes.
– Provide information to the supervisor relating to operational efficiency as well as any deviations from policies, procedures and service level agreements.
– Engage with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure optimal delivery within the section.
– Proactively broaden knowledge of functional area, displaying a willingness to make improvements in own work (including methods and practices).
– Evaluate own performance against given criteria and identify and address task-specific learning needs.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have
– Grade 12 certificate or an equivalent qualification
– Some experience in a cash-handling environment
– Problem-solving skills
– Service and stakeholder focus
– Planning and organising skills
– Computer literacy
Location: Johannesburg Cash Centre
Closing date 9 May 2022