Sappi Southern Africa
Attendant Strapline X4 (P15)
Sappi Tugela Mill requires an Assistant: Strapline who will be responsible and accountable for the continuous removal of finished goods reels after the Strapline operation.
This role reports to the Production Foreman.
The main responsibilities of the job are:
• Hands and take-over shift.
• Assist Strapline Controller in the general running and operation of the Strapline by operating conveyors, strapping and stencil machine.
• Conduct inspection of section to ensure that the equipment is in a safe working condition.
• Inspect all reels to ensure that it is in a good condition and that the reel is bar-coded.
• Report all non-conformance to the immediate supervisor
• Ensure accurate labelling of the reels.
• Carries out any reasonable instruction given by the Shift Foreman.
• Assist production team with planned and unplanned task/shuts.
• Understand & comply with all SHEQ requirements of the job.
• Carries out BBS Observations
• Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
• Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the
The ideal candidate should have:
• Matric and/or NQF Level 4 Qualification and Full N3 Pulp & Paper (4 subjects)
• Minimum 3 months experience as a Process Trainee.
This position is ringfenced to the Tugela process trainees in line with the Sappi Recruitment Policy.