The Junior/Assistant Bookkeeper will be based at the Head Office in Helderkruin and will report to the Senior Bookkeeper. The main responsibility of this position is to ensure compliance with all Financial Policies and Procedures and contribute to the financial well-being of the Group.
• Minimum matric (Associated qualifications-advantage)
• 3-5 years general Accounting experience.
• In depth knowledge of the General Ledger accounts, reconciliations and statutory returns.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft office with advanced Excel skills.
• SAP experience essential
• Hardworking and able to meet deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Clear communication at senior levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compile and review General Ledger reconciliations.
• Preparation and submission of statutory returns.
• Prepare Bank reconciliations for the Group companies.
• Review and report on Head Office costs.
• Processing of monthly journals.
• Ad hoc accounting / admin related tasks as and when required.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.