Sappi Saiccor Mill is offering an opportunity for an exciting career in engineering through its Apprentice Training Programme. Dynamic, self-motivated individuals with the necessary technical ability wishing to qualify as an Artisan are invited to apply for an apprenticeship in the following trade:
This role reports to the Learning Consultant: Engineering.
The training opportunity is temporary in nature and will include the following:
– All relevant training is required to qualify as an artisan through a SETA approved training facility
– Workplace experiential training at Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
– Other relevant training required to prepare you for the workplace
– Trade Test preparation and Trade Test examination required to qualify as an artisan
– Incumbents will receive an allowance as per Sappi remuneration policy
The ideal candidate should have:
• National Senior Certificate (Matric/Grade 12) with Mathematics, Physical Science with a minimum of four N2 trade subjects OR National Senior Certificate (Matric/Grade 12) without Mathematics, Physical Science with a minimum of four N3 trade subjects (must include Mathematics and Engineering Science)
• In compliance with the Department of Employment and Labour’s directive of 11 June 2021, Sappi’s risk assessment has identified this role as requiring mandatory
At Sappi, we are vaccinated and expect all new employees to be vaccinated when joining our One Sappi family. Show us your support by submitting your vaccine card when applying for our vacancies.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.