Ambulance Emergency Assistant at ER24
Main purpose of job
To attend to emergency calls and provide intermediate medical care in line with scope of practice.
Key responsibility areas
• Ensure operational readiness for emergency calls
• Administer patient care in line with scope of practice
• Market and maintain a positive public image for ER24
Essential education: Ambulance Emergency Assistant Certificate or Higher certificate in Emergency Medical Care
Successful completion of training related to Clinical Practice Guidelines published by the Health Professions Council of South Africa will be advantageous.
If not compliant with the clinical practice guidelines at the time of application you will be required to complete this training during your probation period if successful in your application
Essential minimum experience: 1 year EMS experience
Desired experience: 1 year ILS experience
Required job skills and knowledge
• Application of best practice
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
• Facilities, travel routes and demographical area
• HPCSA guidelines and scope of practice
• Patient Report Forms
• Proficiency in the English language (written and verbal)
All applicants will be considered, with the understanding that preference will be given in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of Mediclinic Southern Africa, as well as internal applicants/employees that meet the minimum requirements.