To assist patients in all aspects of the admissions and discharge process in a professional manner, preventing financial risks to the organisation and meeting and exceeding client expectations.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Pass.
- 0-1 years’ experience within private hospital environment as an Admission Clerk.
- Health-related qualification/certificate (advantageous).
- Knowledge of medical/clinical terminology (advantageous).
- Knowledge of ICD codes (compulsory).
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Attend to all patients and customers’ needs in a professional manner.
- Provide information to patients on all aspects of bookings and admissions as per Clinix standards.
- Obtain all required information and documentation from patients on admission i.e. Identity document and current/valid Medical Scheme card, as per the company policies and procedures.
- Capture all the required patient information on admission accurately.
- Complete the discharge process, as and when necessary.
- Deliver a customer-focused admissions experience in as efficient a manner as possible.
- Identify and prevent financial risks to the organization by adhering to Company policies and procedures, for example the collection of co-payments and private patient estimate payments on admission.