Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Operations Procurement Manager, the incumbent will support the procurement team by executing administrative duties based on site specific needs. This is a 6 months contract.
* Liaise and communicate with internal operations technical buyers regarding the RFQ’s received from site/s and when required, liaise with external site procurement officers.
* Create purchase orders for all FQM Johannesburg office entities.
* Place operations orders for FQM SA (and other entities) in Pronto on South African vendors.
* Electronically send official purchase orders to local suppliers (foreign suppliers as and when required).
* Collate and receive sales orders, vendors’ quotes and/or any supporting documentation to ensure correctness when processing purchase orders.
* When suppliers’ invoices are mailed, send this on to the warehouse for processing.
* Receive order acknowledgements from vendor/s with an ETA and send this on to the relevant procurement personnel.
* Change ETA dates on purchase orders as and when required.
* Ensure that the vendors’ quotes are valid / not expired.
* Link sales orders with purchase order numbers (in Pronto).
* Ensure that stock creation / item coding is done on a regular basis when creating purchase orders.
* Send purchase orders to the Manager for approval and thereafter release to the vendor/s.
* On-board new suppliers and update existing suppliers’ company details.
* Liaise with new suppliers to complete credit applications.
English literacy and numeracy of at least a Grade 12 level.
Experience & Skills Required:
* Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in Procurement support/administration.
* Computer Literacy with the ability to work on Microsoft Excel.
* Experience in Pronto (if possible) and/or an ERP system.
* Proven experience in successfully interacting with suppliers and customers.
* The ability to handle multiple responsibilities at the same time. A good team player with above average communication skills both telephonically and in person.
* Good attention to detail
* Self-driven and enthusiastic with a strong procurement service
* Professional and presentable appearance